Let the Christmas begin!
I decided late last night to jump on this December Daily scrapbooking trend. One little page each day telling one story of your choosing relating to December, and obviously, your holiday celebrations.
- This is the Real Thing, an Ali Edwards official and real December Daily: https://aliedwards.com/projects/december-daily
After looking around at so many ideas offered for this year, and examples of years past, you know that OF COURSE I’m going to take those ideas and tweak them to please myself.
Because that’s the only way a project “fits” me. Just Right and Uniquely Mine.
- Another version, Journal Your Christmas from Shimelle Laine: http://shop.shimelle.com/store/product/christmas It costs, but only once in your lifetime and then is good every year thereafter — cool idea!
I’ve seen lists of prompts. I’ve seen printables (SO MANY CUTE PRINTABLES!) I’ve seen kits for sale. I’ve seen examples.
- I am in love with these printable circles!!! Stitchintime blog’s free December Daily printable tags
- These red journaling labels should help me keep the words short! Not my strong point :)
I get it. Except I don’t, because it’s a new concept to me and I haven’t done it before. I’m going to do it anyway!
- LOVE this cover (and the blank insides!) from 2011 and Nichol Magouirk
I’ve ignored this trend in past years because I haven’t been set up for easy papercrafting playtime. But I’ve been hanging around with a lot of scrappers on the internet during the past 14 months. My supplies are oh-so-usable thanks to thescraprack.com.
- Last year, one of the sisters at Sam’s favorite blog A Beautiful Mess showed her set up for doing December Daily. I love the style and the simple collection of supplies.
So I decided to jump. On the night before the first day of December. And then we decided we had to make a 4-hour round trip out to the ocean today. It is COLD here in western WA. I hope we’re not to late to prevent pipes from freezing :/ But that means I am pretty sure I know my subject matter for tomorrow: frost or ice crystals!
- Here’s a game plan I can follow. I’m a bit late for all the planning and prepping of #1, 2, and 3… but I’m on board with the rest of the pointers!
Here are some links to lists of prompts for a daily page. Pick and choose! Remember, the idea is one small story per day/page. Simple!
- A list of brainstormed possibilities by alphabetical letter: http://lisamoorefield.com/abc-scrapbook/
- Photo challenge for December from Capture Your 365 http://captureyour365.com/december-365-photo-challenge-list-2014/
- Another list from the Studio Calico forums: http://www.studiocalico.com/community/december-daily-2013/topics/64570-december-daily-journal-prompts
- There is a nice list of prompts at the end of this post, but was I ever distracted by the beautiful turquoise and snow album! http://marysza.blogspot.gr/2012/11/december-daily-project.html
- And one last one, with a paragraph each to get your thoughts rolling! http://www.digitalscrapper.com/blog/december-daily/
I hope you are looking forward to a very fun December, whether or not you decide to do some daily journaling. However you may choose to celebrate, craft, decorate, eat, or whatever…