Hey! I’m Sam, the daughter in our mom-daughter duo that makes up 2create! Thanks to my Mom, Gail, I grew up in a creative household and I’ve continued to be creative into my adult life! In fact, I even started my own photography business so I can be creative full time!
Here’s the dish on me:
1. I draw my inspiration from the world. A little cliché perhaps, but so true. I get inspired from lush green forests, a colorful pad of scrapbook paper, clean architectural lines, farmers’ markets, and the calm I feel watching the sun rise and set. People also really inspire me, the more I see others getting out there and creating their own happiness, the more I strive to do the same for myself.
2. My creative skills: photography, scrapbooking and card making, cake decorating, cooking and baking and drink making, crocheting (just recently), some sewing (although mom’s the pro, and I call her often during my endeavors in this area), home décor, architectural drawing, and then bits and pieces of every other general-crafting area you can think of.
3. Strongest skill: Photography. I only discovered this creative outlet a few years ago, but it has quickly become my strongest passion and my biggest strength. I LOVE learning more and more about it as I go! Want to know more? Come visit me at Snapdragon Studios Photography!
4.Favorites: coffee – white chocolate mocha from cutter’s point please! But I’ll drink it all, from straight espresso to chai lattes… my Mama raised me right. ;) Also: TEAL, sweets, scrapbook paper, my camera (DUH), facebook, smartphone, books & kindle, yoga & zumba, and tattoos (of which I only have one, but so admire others)!
5. I love my family and friends more than anything in the world. I have the best husband, the best parents, the best daughter (soon to be daugterS), the best siblings, and the best friends! Even though I’m not always the best at keeping in touch all the time, these folks keep me grounded and sane… you know who you are! <3
6. Maverick. My dog. My German Shorthaired Pointer, bred-for-hunting-but-only-hunts-the-birds-in-the-front-yard dog. He is so many things, let me try to explain: CRAZY, loveable, cRaZy, huggable, CrAzY, cuddly, crazy. He’s usually doing one of two things: Running or Sleeping (most likely curled up with me or my hubby on the couch). I love him, he keeps me on my toes. Literally.
7. I have a BA of Architectural Studies. Which means that I ate, slept, breathed architecture for four years. In the end, that career was not for me, but I don’t regret a moment of those four years. I learned so much and still have a deep rooted love and appreciation for all things architectural. I’m fascinated by the history of architecture, and I’m drawn to the clean lines of contemporary design.
8. I’ve recently adopted an attitude or goal of focusing on the things that truly make me happy. Both the small joys of daily life and the things that will continue to make me happy in the long run. Sounds simple, but it isn’t always. ‘Begin at once to live, and count each separate day as a separate life.’ –Seneca
9. I love being outdoors with my little family. Hubby and I love to go mountain biking, hiking with Abbi in the ergo and Maverick pulling us all, camping, lazy days on the beach, bonfires in the backyard, or enjoying the sun outside doing yard work. Ok, that last one… really only applies to my hubby, I just like to watch him do the yard work while I soak up the sun lying in the grass and playing with the baby. ;)
10. What I want to do more of: everything! LOL. But truly, more photographing, more playing with paper, more cooking good food for my family, and more creating cool stuff for my house!
Going to get started now… join me!