You can almost call these health food.
Almonds via lightly salted almond butter and camera-shy sliced almonds.
Pretzels. OK, not so much, but they don’t have any fat or artificial ingredients!
After portioning out about half of these into little candy cups, I added sliced almonds to the mixture. Yes, they’re even better!
Inspired by this recipe that floated through my Facebook newsfeed … Mmm! After the idea of using almond butter instead of peanut butter had incubated alongside the need to finish off an open bag of pretzel sticks, my double-boiler and I partnered up to bring you (and me!) this recipe.
They’re like chocolate covered pretzels, but without all the work! Win!
- 12 oz. dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Trader Joes Pound Plus bar)
- 1/2 c. salted smooth almond butter (I used TJ's brand again)
- 2 c. broken pretzel rods, 1" or less
- 1/2 c. to 1 c. sliced almonds, toasted if desired
- Melt chocolate slowly in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring frequently. Do not allow moisture to get into the chocolate if using a double boiler.
- Stir in almond butter until thoroughly combined, then stir in pretzels and almonds to coat everything.
- Drop by large or small spoonfuls onto any surface you'll be able to easily remove them from: waxed paper, parchment, plastic tray, etc.
- Chill at least 30 minutes in refrigerator or several hours at room temperature until chocolate has completely set. Store at room temperature in a covered container.
So easy! Why aren’t you already melting the chocolate???