Welcome to our blog! This is my first post (Gail here) and I’m bringing a little “link love” today, sharing some cool, crafty, patriotic things and other red/white/blue offerings I particularly like. I want patriotic-themed EVERYthing around our American holidays. I’m sure this urge grew stronger as we followed my husband around the country with the USAF, but even waaaay back when I was about 10 years old I had my mom make curtains out of red/navy fabric with stars for my room. Bring on the stars and the stripes!
1. My love for colorful sea life is obvious around our house, with shells and tropical fish prints. Check out this guy, rockin’ his patriotic blue!
2. I like knitted cotton dishrags, don’t you? Even though I knit, this one might be challenging for me. At least the yarn does the striping for you!
3. Talk about a blue star! This one really is!
4. One of the crafts that Sam and I share is working with grown-up’s play-dough! I’m talking fondant and its sidekick, frosting. Check out this awesome patriotic cake masterpiece!
5. I’m not really a car person … well, I’m a little bit of a car person, but when I see one of these I go crazy! If someone out there is going to get me one, I’ll take it in green, though ;)
6. It might be a generational thing, but I’m glad to see rick-rack make a comeback. I know I’m dating myself by saying “comeback.” Whether you used the rhinestones shown, or you stamped, stenciled, fused or even Sharpie’d a star in place, I think this is adorable for the 4th!
7. So quick! So easy! Maybe I should say “sew.”
8. And here we have: So clever!
9. Here’s a blue tablescape I really liked at one of my favorite blogs – she takes great photos! (scroll past the first photo, not that it’s not lovely)
10. Does your family have a cola civil war? Ours does. My fave is ~obviously~ more patriotic!
11. I’ve saved dessert for last! We always have blueberry + strawberry desserts for the 4th of July, with angelfood cake and whipped cream in some form. This year I advocate using real whipped cream in this recipe! … although … these look very patriotic, fresh, and easy!
Hope you’ve enjoyed these links! I’ll see you on Thursday with an easy star-scattered project of my own to share. It’s not too late to schedule some patriotic crafting and cooking for Independence Day!